Hiring Market Manager Position – West Olympia Farmers’ Market
Market Description: The West Olympia Farmers’ Market (WOLY) has been operating since 2010, and is entering its 7th season. The market is open on Tuesdays 4-7pm mid-May to mid-October. The focus of this market is on small-scale, new, and beginning vendors, and many of our vendors only sell to the public through the West Olympia Farmers’ Market. We have produce, baked goods, eggs, pastured poultry and meats, flowers, veggie starts, crafts, and more.
The West Olympia Farmers’ Market is seeking a market manager for the 2017 season. The job position is from April-October 2017, with a possibility of continuing in future seasons. This position supports local entrepreneurs, and being a part of one of the many exciting happenings on Olympia’s westside.
Job parameters: 10 hours per week paid at $500 per month for 7 months, April-October
- Attend each market day. Set-up, staff booth, keep data on visitors and vendors, take down.
- Self-educate (with the help of market board and vice-president) and train in April.
- Set-up layout of market daily
- Assist committees with special events
- Organize distribution of posters & flyers as needed.
- Coordinate vendor meetings at beginning and end of season.
- Maintain social media updates.
- Attend board meetings and retreat.
- Submit a monthly report of work to the board vice-president.
- Send press releases of market events.
- Manage vendors attendance.
- Manage volunteers during market days.
- Act as a liaison between vendors and board.
- Diplomatically liaise between the market and community.
- Be the face of the market.
Desired applicant qualifications:
- Event planning experience
- Organized and efficient, good time management
- Experience in social media and web communications
- Commitment to local and sustainable food
- Has reliable vehicle
- Good communication skills
- Motivated, self-starter
- Friendly, outgoing
- Retail and/or money handling experience
- Volunteer management
- Creative fresh ideas
To apply, please e-mail a resume, cover letter, and contact information for 2 references to email@example.com by February 8, 2017.